Dog collars are one of the most essential items you can give to your pet dogs, whether they’re young pups or they’ve been with you for some time. Dog collars are the place to put a name tag with your contact information on it, so if your dog is ever lost, you can ensure that he or she can return home safely. Collars also provide a safe and easy way to leash your dog when going for a walk. Between 36% and 37% of American households have dogs, meaning over 43 million homes, and almost all of them make sure to keep a collar and name tag on their dogs.
However, many owners find that there are so many types of dog collars to choose from that they don’t know where to begin. Whether you’re buying a dog collar for the first time for your new puppy or you’re replacing an old collar, here are some ideas you can use to choose the perfect dog collar.
1. Training dog collars: These are perfect for puppies to get them used to wearing a collar at all times. Training dog collars are also appropriate for training your dog to sit and stay or for taking him or her around an invisible fence to know the boundaries of your lawn. These collars are sometimes smaller because they are made for puppies in training.
2. Leather dog collars: Once your dog no longer requires training dog collars, a regular leather dog collar is the perfect option for your puppy. Unlike synthetic materials, a leather dog collar shouldn’t chafe or break easily.
3. Rhinestone dog collars: For the dog owner who wants to accessorize his or her pup, a sparkly or rhinestone dog collar is a cute way to make your dog stand out. They can come in all sorts of colors and styles, and they’re a glamorous solution for any doggie on the go.
4. Spiked dog collars: Want others to know your dog means business? Studded or spiked dog collars can give your dog as fun or tough of a look as you want. Like rhinestone collars, though, spiked and studded collars come in all different colors, too, so they can create any look.
5. Personalized dog collars: These days, it’s easy to select unique dog collars thanks to online pet supplies stores. You can have your dog’s name engraved or sewn onto it. You could also select from a variety of colors, patterns, and materials.
What kinds of dog collars do you prefer for your dog? Tell us in the comments. Continue reading here: www.shopangelpet.com